Drafting Concepts - free quote
How do I get building approval for my carport?
Where do I start with my carport?
What does it cost to get building approval for my carport?
This information is specific to the Gold Coast City Council Region, other councils may be the same or similar.
If you would like to build a carport with in any of the building setbacks, then there a few things you will need to know, (#) Building setbacks may vary but generally under a detached dwelling arrangement the setbacks are 6.0m to the front outer most point (fascia) and 1.5 to side and rear OMP’s.
- Need to establish where the existing house is located on the block. There are a couple of ways to do this.
- Obtain existing plans from council. If the house is over 20 years old, I have find these plans either not available, lacking in required measurements or the building has not been set out correctly. Refer form -‘Application for copies of building plans’. Under ‘Residential’ – ‘Complete set of original house or duplex plans’ tick Architectural (floor, site and elevations only). It would also be advisable to tick ‘Additional structures’ where applicable.
- Have the block surveyed. This will cost approximately $770 – $1000.00 depending on level of detail required.
- At times it may be possible to do without this expense provided the carport is being built to the front setback.
- Need to establish services and property details. These will cost approximately $100.00
- Title search- owners name and any easements on the title.(there may be other searches that are required from this document)
- Land survey search – boundary measurements and degrees.
- As-constructed search for sewer mains & jump up points.
- (Search Request Form – tick line 14)
- Design. Council requires the design of the structure to comply with their guide lines.
- Refer carport compliance drawing at:
- For more detailed information, refer council web site.
Costs to obtain building approval will come from varies quarters.
(Estimates only, site specific).
- When building with in the setback areas the council will charge approximately $920.00 for Relaxation (for the privilege) and the Building Certifier $170.00 for administration.
- Building Certifiers (building Approval fees) start at $900.00 which would include council building fees.
- Engineer for footing details $350.00
- Drafting plans start $770.00 which include site visit and depending on information supplied)
- Search fees as outlined earlier $100.00
- Existing plan or survey fees note include.
- TOTAL $3210.00
Drafting Concepts can arrange these consultants as part of client service. This service is usually an additional cost but if you reply to us and mention that you have read this article then we will provide it at no additional cost.
This is a broad outline of the process to have a carport built with in the setbacks, there are many issues that may also need to be addressed in the design stage and are site specific.
If you would like us to help you obtain ‘Building Approval” then we would be happy to help.
Please feel free to contact me anytime on 0403 829 376 or (07) 5596 4226.
Drafting Concepts Pty Ltd
Are You After a FREE Drafting Services Quote with a Fast Turnaround, No Strings, and No Obligation?
… Then you have found the right place
Welcome to Drafting Concepts
Drafting Concepts can provide you with a free drafting quote that can be quickly followed up by professional construction drawings that are council compliant. Our services are Accurate, Reliable, and are guaranteed to be on-time.
We are dedicated to providing a faster clear cut way for you to access building design and drafting quotes with minimal fuss. Call us today on 07 5596 4226 to get started.
If you are serious about having your ideas drawn professionally,
Then we are here to help.
What You Will Get?
Simply fill out the form below with the details of your project, and we will prepare a free drafting services quotation, all with no obligation and our 48 Hour fast turn around time.
What Makes Us Different?
Drafting and design quotes can be for initial design concepts to construction drawings or just the outdoor shade sail. In our quote we will outline what drawings you will receive and what consultants maybe necessary to fully complete the information requirements for council submission.
Our quotes will almost certainly contain bracing and tie down requirements which at times the competitors don’t have.
Quality Construction Drawings From an Experienced Team with Real Building Industry Knowledge
We understand that Building customer relations is just as important as building design.
As much importance is placed on customers relations as drafting content, our draftsman take the time to help guide you go through the design process, should you need it. We want your business, so we go the extra mile to show you.
Contact Us Now for Your 1 Hour Free Consultation!
Large Scale Developer & Professional Building Projects
At Drafting Concepts, we specialize in meeting the needs of developers and professional builders – which is why we guarantee that our drawings that are accurate, detailed, on time & at a reasonable cost consistently. We are a focused and specialized Drafting Office that is highly flexible & will work with you to provide the best outcome for your client.
Servicing everything from minor building alterations and extensions to large scale Volume Home & Home Development projects – you can rely on Drafting Concepts to get the job done right.
Renovator/DIY & Building Enthusiasts
Got a project that needs doing? Simply fill out the form below to get your free 1 hour consultation & quote where we can go through what you have mind, and find out how to make it work for you – all with no strings attached.
This step alone has helped countless people save thousands by identifying and overcoming issues before a single dollar has been spent.
Come in & talk to use with a no obligation consultation & see how we can help you.
Contact Drafting Concepts Today.
As a licensed building designer, qualified carpenter and a person that has been through the building process on more than one occasion, I have a unique understanding of the pit-falls and traps experienced by people venturing into designing, planning and building their own homes.
Drafting Concepts is more than an architectural drafting business; it is a home building consultancy where the emphases is on customer satisfaction and repeat business where word of month and secondary work from clients are our objectives.
My organization ensures that you are able to navigate the sometimes tricky, and often frustrating business of designing your new home, adding value through renovations, or if you are a developer, assisting you to meet your client deadlines.
Daryl Wood (Managing Director),
Phone: 07 5596 4226
Already Got your Quote?
It’s not just our quotes that are fast! When you are ready to proceed with your quotation, our construction drawings include…
- 10-Business Day Turn Around Guarantee
- 2 Free Additional Plan Changes
- Includes 1 Hour Free Consultation in our offices.
- Some Conditions Apply*
Terms & Conditions:
- All quotes valid for 30 days, unless specified otherwise.
- Drafting Concepts offers a 48-Hour Turn Around Guarantee on Quotes, & 10-Business Day Turn Around Guarantee on Construction Drawings, provided all relevant information has been supplied as requested.
- For your two Free Changes on Construction Drawings, alterations can be to a maximum of 1.0 hour each.
- Quote for drafting services to provide construction plans suitable for council approval.
- Upon acceptance of the quote a 60% deposit is required & a full of plans will be delivered (pdf) format once full payment is achieved.
- As a member of the Queensland Building Design Association (QBDA), you can be sure that Drafting Concepts is always up to date with the latest changes & improvements with in the industry – helping you save more and do more faster than ever.
- We respect your privacy. All information provided is used for quoting purposes only.
Follow us on twitter
- Phone: 07 5596 4226
- Mobile: 0403 829 376
- Address: Unit 8/1 Nerang St, Nerang QLD 4211
- Postal: P.O. Box 71, Ashmore City QLD 4214
- Pay Invoice Online: Click Here
Building Professionals (1)
Building Tips (1)
Copyright Issues (6)
Design Tips (1)
Local news & updates (1)
New House Designs (7)
Our Services (6)
Pricing and Quotes (1)
Specialist Drafting Services for the Builder (1)
What is the Building Process? (3)
What your Building Designer Needs to Have (3)